I wasn’t always into fitness, but somehow I changed that. I truly believe we are all capable of achieving whatever we want to have in life, it is just a matter of taking action. We are all worthy of good life. Everyone has so much to offer to this world. And you CAN live a life you desire, you just have to start now! We can get so far with the right mind-set as long as we have the vision. Dream again! And dream big.
I don’t have a set fitness routine that I’d want to share, nor am I an expert in fitness, but I can share what has been working for me. You can find your own pace and see what works best for you.
Opt for healthier options:
- Start the day with a lemon water – starting with a lemon water will set you up for a clearer mind all day. It is also refreshing and has vitamin C.
- Eating healthy: Consuming more vegetables and less fatty foods. Cutting down on carbohydrates and having it less than usual. You don’t need to change your diet. Just choose healthier options.
- Green tea- another of my favourites. I can’t stress enough the importance of drinking green tea. It stimulates body’s metabolism, and it also aids in weight loss.
- Switching from regular oil to olive oil – Olive oil lowers the bad cholesterol and raises your good cholesterol.
- Exercise– Of course it goes without saying that exercise plays a big role in our overall well-being. You can choose to live an active life today or you can choose not to. Pick up an activity you’d want to do: Is it going to the gym? or is it maybe going for a run? If all fails, start commuting to work by taking the bus or train it. Walk to the bus stop. You don’t always have to take your car when going places. When you are out to do your grocery shopping, try to leave your car behind. You don’t want to do it alone? – make it a group activity: Try involving your siblings, parents, friends, or your partner. Make it fun. I try to get mine done, on my own, in the evening when I am out for a walk. It is like killing two birds with one stone – you get your grocery shopping done while getting done with your exercise. Also, during my studies in the UK, I remembered looking for any opportunity to walk from point A to point B. Never had to take a bus or a train. You can also choose stairs over elevators, which is again something I picked up during my stay in the UK. I am grateful for those experiences because I know what is better for me now.
It is the little things that matter!
How do you stay fit mentally? You can feed your brain with positive thoughts, and constantly count your blessings. Having a positive mind-set is so important, and be thankful for everything in your life. Lastly, meditation helps with our mental well-being; it improves concentration levels and helps us to stay better focused in achieving our goals. Spare some time for meditation. You can check out my following blogs for tips on how to bring more positivity and gratitude in your life.
I want to wrap up this blog with this quote:
“When you hit a bump you pick yourself up and you keep going. Things don’t always turn out the way you imagine. Life deals you a hand and no matter what card you’re holding, you have to play it. …and it’s hard and it never stops being hard. But you learn …and you change … and you grow.”
I couldn’t agree more with these sayings, I am sure many of us can relate to it.
How do you deal with a setback and how do you manage to stay healthy?